Getting to ALJBS
We hope you're one of the 1,000+ delegates we're expecting at Rider University in June 2018. Please read the information linked below so you're prepared when you arrive in June.
Beginning in 2017, we have opened up the ALJBS program to many more high school juniors across the state. Click here to read all about the changes to the application process!
Only high school juniors are eligible to attend the American Legion Jersey Boys State program.
Once selected, you will receive information and forms about ALJBS from American Legion department headquarters in Trenton, NJ, plus information regarding County Orientation meetings. These meetings are required, since they detail what you should expect at ALJBS and through the rest of orientation. If you have questions, the County Orientation Meetings usually include a Question and Answer Period and you can ask questions after the public meeting.
This ALJBS website will be a key reference for you and your family as you prepare for the session. We try to ease your orientation to ALJBS and will post as much relevant information as possible. If our website doesn't answer your question, email the webmaster.
We recommend taking a look at the documents below as you prepare to learn NJ Government hands-on.
- What You'll Learn
- What To Run For
- What to Bring
- Delegate Orientation Video
- Band Information
- Samsung Scholarship Information
- Other Information
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
- Downloadable Medical Form - 2 pages
- ALJBS "Blue Book" - Information Booklet mailed to delegates and alternates
- ALJBS Family Day Flyer - Information regarding picnic Friday of session mailed to delegates and alternates
- Permit to Register Card - NOT available online, ONLY Delegates will receive one of these, must be signed by parent/guardian
DELEGATE / ALTERNATE PACKET:
Once you're here
Excited? Worried? Unsure what to expect? Second-year staff member speaks on his ALJBS experience (May 25, 2006).